
Just a little something frightening to share...
This past Sunday, when we went to Mass, I saw a glimpse into the future & man, oh man...was it scary!!!
There I was, minding my own business, when from the row behind me, I felt someone looking over my shoulder? It was a beautiful little girl. :) She was curiously staring at my son, with almost a puppy dog look on her face?!? Ughhh!!! I know that look! I'm a girl, we all know that look! Well, as the Mass commenced, she got just a little braver, every few minutes, creeping closer & closer...until!!! Egads! Their eyes met! LOL :-) At first my son did his usual, "BABY!" whenever he sees anyone under the age of 10, he says "BABY!" Well, then they seemed to become curiouser & curiouser about one another, the staring became silent & then he reached for her dress & pointed out her flowers & hearts on her dress. Then, he was teaching her how he counts...1! 2! 3! 4! (as she corrects him when he shows the wrong amount of fingers). Then she covers his mouth when he did a raspberry at her & angrily glared at him. Then, she commenced to remove her pretty purple bow from her perfectly combed hair & again, came the puppy dog look! Egads! As she swished her little dress back & forth while turning her waist, they reached for one another & touched hands & they seemed smitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first instinct was to grab him & stop this madness!!! But knew I was just being silly. :)
Well, not too scary, since they are only little toddlers & far from dating years. Perhaps it was the fact that she was one of a clan of 8 or 10 children! Her parents obviously have very little interest in television & you tend to want what you know growing up, which if it is a big family, then a big family is what you will want.
Well, as this whirlwind romance came to an end, since Mass was over...She blew me away, because she blew him a kiss with a sad look on her face, as her Mommy whisked her away!!! And not one kiss, but two kisses she blew! Awwwww...
So, I saw my son grown up, married & with a huge family!!!
A very scary thought!!! But I suppose it will come sooner than I will ever be ready for. I just pray he will be a good, kind man who would walk across fire for his loved ones.
And of course, that he will never forget his Mommy. :-)
There is a song called "My First Child" by Nil Lara ( a Miami artist ) that brings tears to my eyes almost each & every time...ever since the very first time I heard it. I cannot find a sound clip to post...but the lyrics are worth looking up. And look for the song as well, so you too can get choked up.
Here is the last verse of the song:
You're my first child,
I'll lose you someday,
To some other love...........
And, completely unrelated to my blog...
a lovely song to share.
Sarah Mclachlan
"Angel"

No comments:
Post a Comment