Just something to add to the Art Files...
I have been working on this one piece lately that I am rather fond of. It is rather dreamy, well at least to me. I am not sure what type of background to draw? Should I draw a sunset sky, a forest, clouds...I never have been much of a background person. But it is very ornate already. With my usual vinelike filigree, draping fabric & my favorite use of colors...very earthy jewel tones. It is a drawing I never colored in. As it always feels like a sin to deface a black & white pen & ink drawing with color. But I do know that it takes on a whole new life once the color is added. I somehow like to stare at the black & white version & imagine the possibilities, rather than adding actual color to the piece. But I suppose that it would be incomplete? So I do, as I know I must, which is color it!
The subject matter is rather romantic, a man & woman embracing...She with a delicate veil draped over her, twists in her long wavy hair, and she is seemingly an instrument of sorts...a violin or a cello since she is upright. I thought of perhaps adding a bow (for him to play her)? She is his muse, his instrument and they are to play in unison together, in perfect harmony. There is draping fabric hanging from a nearby tree & she sits upon a table in his embrace.
I will finish it soon! I was going to try to finish it tonight, but became a bit distracted & lost track of time.
I must be off to bed soon & may wind down a bit by drawing a little before I turn in for the night.
I will post images just as soon as it is completed. I am working on this one & The Elf simultaneously.
Goodnight...................
and a song to add as well
About Me
- Jeanne
- I'm a grown-up that refuses to grow-up! In my mind everything is poppies, posies, ponies & butterflies, and I am an 8 year old little girl.
In other words, I live in a Fairytale land inside my head.
I draw randomly, create whole heartedly & always pray for more creative inspiration.
I am a Visual Merchandiser/Stylist by profession, an Illustrator by hobby only & dream of someday being able to create for the pages of a lovely children's story book.
But for now, I create solely for hobby, gifting & sharing with loved ones.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment