About Me

My photo
I'm a grown-up that refuses to grow-up! In my mind everything is poppies, posies, ponies & butterflies, and I am an 8 year old little girl.

In other words, I live in a Fairytale land inside my head.

I draw randomly, create whole heartedly & always pray for more creative inspiration.

I am a Visual Merchandiser/Stylist by profession, an Illustrator by hobby only & dream of someday being able to create for the pages of a lovely children's story book.

But for now, I create solely for hobby, gifting & sharing with loved ones.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Elf

Last night I started a new drawing...

She is a little elf girl, friend to all butterflies in the forest.
She is only a rough sketch as of now, as I am trying to capture a certain essence of charm in her face.

I do have a lovely idea of lollipop flowers & spirally, whimsicle trees, as well as my usual framing...this time with swirly Dr.Seuss-like style.

Perhaps the leaves on the trees will be pink or purple?
It doesn't really matter, so long as it is truly as make-believe as possible!

I will post her once she is completed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it! :D

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I will be anxious to see it. Thanks for leaving such a nice comment for me today. And I do hope you find your butterflies.