About Me

My photo
I'm a grown-up that refuses to grow-up! In my mind everything is poppies, posies, ponies & butterflies, and I am an 8 year old little girl.

In other words, I live in a Fairytale land inside my head.

I draw randomly, create whole heartedly & always pray for more creative inspiration.

I am a Visual Merchandiser/Stylist by profession, an Illustrator by hobby only & dream of someday being able to create for the pages of a lovely children's story book.

But for now, I create solely for hobby, gifting & sharing with loved ones.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Craftsy Saturday!

Today while taking inventory of all of my crafting items, I find my mind swarming with ideas & projects! As I sit here in my rather organized mess (oxymoron) :) I am trying to slow down the whirling tornado of ideas & trying to focus on just one idea. As I dig through this veritable clown car bag of tricks, I am finding pieces of projects of yesterday's, yesterday's! I am finding add-ons for current ideas & wanting to pick-up old projects & complete those as well?!?!

Ohhhhh!!!!! Where to begin?!?!

My head is rushing! But HARK! What goes there?!?!?! Some old Jute cord from a macrame project I never started...ahhh! I think I will soothe my mind a bit to the numbing twisting of cords to create perhaps a lovely plant holder? :) I sit here holding the ring at my toes, as I begin my series of knots. I am taken back to my childhood, when I first learned macrame, when I was maybe 10 years old or so? :) I went macrame crazy back then, much to my mother's benefit! But it has been literally decades since I did anything of the sort. Well, I am glad to say...it is just like riding a bike! You never forget!

I will do this for a while...I think. Or at least until my head begins to swirl with yet another dozen ideas & I hop to the next.

I did however focus long enough to create a bracelet someone commissioned me for today.

Off I go! Back to my project!

Putting my idle hands to work...for the long weekend ahead.

Craftsy Therapyyyy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.