
Today i went digging through my artwork, trying to find anything & everything I have yet to complete.
I was quite astonished as to just how many pieces I started, inked & moved on!
I used to dedicate alot of my time to drawing, on breaks, after work & on my days off. I spent alot of time loitering with my "one ticket to a comfy chair- (aka cup of Joe)" at the inevitable coffee shop, drawing & listening to my choice of moving music; whatever the mood was at the time.
I look back at just a few years ago, and I am amazed at just how much time I spent creating. I would be in the middle of one drawing & be imagining the next. It suppose this is why I have so many incomplete pieces? If I could have just focused long enough on one thing & then move on to the next. All the time, the time I spent daydreaming, scribbling & just pouring my ideas onto paper. Now, oh how I wish I could find the time to complete some of these & perhaps begin new ones.
Lately, infact in recent days...I find myself coming up with ideas, images, colors coming together swirling in my head. Could it be?!?! Could it possibly be a creative inspiration coming on?!?! I better dust off my pens & organize my thoughts & get them down as quickly as they flow through my mind & onto paper. And if I feel the rush slowing down, I will pick up my coloring pencils & watercolors & begin to fill in the missing colors of my unfinished works!
I will take advantage of my idle time between Mommy-ing, household responsibilities & the inevitable "LIFE"...and squeeze in just a wee bit of creative time. Perhaps begin writing the children's books I always dreamed of writing? I don't know, but anything will be better than nothing. And notating it here will drive me to actually making it happen!
I have a few solid ideas, or perhaps I should not make it sound so methodical, but that I will let the daydreams flow onto my paper once more.

1 comment:
Good morning, Shame on me for not getting over sooner.
My mission today was to come and say, "hi and thank you"
Now I want to say welcome to blogging. I hope you find it as rewarding as I have.
I look forward to seeing you new art.
Post a Comment