Ever analyzed the colors in a rainbow? Concentrate on the many hues & variations of tones...until the details are almost pixelated.
Well, I have, and I do...
A rainbow is more than just a prism of colors in the aftermath of a storm. No...it is of a far greater significance than that. I look at it as a promise...God's promise that there is something far greater on the other side.
I have seen rainbows in my time, the veritable Crayola explosion of color...muted in a mist across the sky. Well, I have seen rainbows...witnessed the warmth of just the idea of them. How the warmth of the sunlight, if you look at it from a dreamers perspective can cast a soft rainbow prism across your life in a way. That light warming & casting color in my imagination...turning flowers to their ever vibrant hues, adding the brightest tone of green to a field of grass, how that light, that ''brilliant'' light...can somehow cause ones heart to warm & beat to a hypnotic, rhythmic drone of happiness.
Of course...in the imagination of a dreamer.
Then, the sun comes out, the clouds make way to reveal the bluest of blue skies...that promise ''somewhat'' revealed.
I have seen rainbows...heard the song that played in it's prism. Yes, I have seen rainbows...felt, smelled, imagined rainbows. The very best part of a rainbow is when it's discovered...and until the tragedy of the harsh daylight fades it's colors & dries up the dew.
Oh yes...I have seen rainbows.
And the many shades of gray that follow in it's wake.
But I know this...the seas will soak up, causing the inevitable common drought, but then the sky will darken, the clouds roll in, the sky will release it's bucket loads of water and maybe...just maybe...that rainbow will emerge & reveal it's radiance once more in the wake of the most treacherous of storms.
I believe in the promise of the rainbow & that God wants to fill our lives with light & song...of what waits on the other side.
Out of the drought comes rain, the rainbow & it's promise, then the brightest explosion of sunlight to shine upon the rose in the desert & nourish it's petals with it's warmth.
Oh yes...I have seen rainbows, and the many shades of gray that follow.
Perhaps...if not to dream...dream of a rainbows hues.

2 comments:
May I place this poem on my blog please? Its wonderfully moving x
Beautiful, Jeannie....a reflection of your heart. I see your heart when I look into your eyes and that is one reason, my dear friend, that I see such beauty whenever I look at you!
Post a Comment